Over eight immersive days, WTLC explored Wisconsin’s cultures in a variety of multi-disciplinary indoor and outdoor experiences. Our route began and ended in Madison and traversed the entire state. The itinerary included:
- Stopping by Wilkie Gorge in Dane County to learn how glaciers and local culture intersect
- Visiting a Hmong blacksmith shop in La Crosse and a Norwegian farmstead near Coon Valley
- Seeing the state-of-the-art Red Cliff/UW-Stevens Point Northern Aquaculture Demonstration Facility near Bayfield
- Staying overnight in Chequamegon National Forest
- Touring the historic Belgian-American area of Kewaunee and Door Counties, ending the day with a polka concert
- Dropping in at a Milwaukee tavern with one of Wisconsin’s first bowling alleys still operating in the basement.
- Paying a visit to the Wisconsin Black Historical Society and hearing the a cappella singing of the Queens of Harmony.